new generation of regional aircraft
Yak-48 family aircraft are intended for transportation from 30 up to 50 passengers at the distances 4700 - 2500 km correspondingly.
Business version of aircraft can fly with 4 - 12 passengers at the distances 6800 - 6600 km.
Yak-48 family aircraft have common airframe, equipment, and power plant. They differ in fuselage and passenger salon length and passenger equipment set.
The level of comfort in passenger salons corresponds or surpasses the level of comfort in modern aircraft of that class.
Marketing studies performed by JSC A.S. Yakovlev Design Bureau and some western companies show that there is a great potential demand in aircraft of that class on all world airlines.
The basic power plant consists of two AI-22-2 engines with 3800 kg thrust each. A number of other foreign and Russian engines could be installed optionally.
The aircraft are supposed to be equipped with Russian radio equipment and avionics.
The Yak-48 airborne radio and avionics complex provides the following flights:
- with two crew members on routes and in airport zones,
- in simple and adverse weather conditions,
- at ICAO Category II landing conditions,
- at any time and season,
- in all radio-navigation environments,
- in all flight level separation rules,
- according to ICAO flight safety rules indicated in FAR-25 and AP-25 documentation.
The western type avionics can be installed optionally to provide:
- landing minimum according to ICAO Category III conditions,
- phone and fax connection in flight through satellite communication.
The Yak-48 family aircraft with different passenger capacity, ranges of flight and basing conditions are developed on the basis of optimal combination of passengers' comfort and flying performance for flexible and successful promotion on market.
The Yak-48 family aircraft are developed in compliance with AP-25 regulations and meet FAR-25 requirements. The aircraft certification is planned for 2007. The Yak-48 unificated aircraft family provides:
- wide envelope of operational abilities and adaptation to different airlines requirements;
- optimal combination of fleet from regional and business aircraft to meet the airline requirements in terms of passenger capacity, flight ranges, avionics and basing conditions;
- aircraft modification for special missions (aerial photography, geological survey, air ambulance, patrol, trainer and etc.).
The aircraft design is developed in compliance with progressive maintenance methods and automatic diagnosis systems that provide aircraft operation and repair by state approach for:
- operational cost reducing (12 - 15%);
- application of flexible procedures of maintenance and repair adapted to foreign servicing infrastructure;
- reducing maintenance time intervals typical on level with best foreign aircraft of that class.
The aircraft design and operational perfection provide life time equal to 60 000 flight hours at 10 - 12 flight hours per day schedule.
|Aircraft Version ||Regional aircraft||Business aircraft|
|Take-off mass||from 20 950 kg|
to 22 750 kg
|from 22 000 kg|
to 22 750 kg
|22 750 kg||from 22 050 kg|
to 22 750 kg
|— maximum||4 000 kg||5 000 kg||6 000 kg||-|
|— normal||3 135 kg||3 390 kg||4 845 kg||1 200 kg|
|Cruise speed maximum||850 km/h||850 km/h||850 km/h||850 km/h|
|Cruise height||11 600 m||11 600 m||11 600 m||12 000 m|
|Range of flight with navigation fuel:|
|— normal payload||3 500 - 4 700 km||3 000 km||2 500 km||6 600 km|
|— maximum fuel capacity ||5 200 km||5 250 km||4 700 km||6 800 km|
|Required runway length, (ISA):||1 500 m||1 600 m||1 600 m||1 600 m|
|Runway type||concrete runway, unpaved airfield||concrete runway||concrete runway||concrete runway|